Looking for a Specific Topic

Thursday 1 January 2015

Happy New Year

Well quite clearly I broke last years Resolution to keep this blog updated :(   That's why I don't make New Year Resolutions.    But I am going to try again this year because I am persistent and stubborn like that :).  To be honest, I got so busy I never really had a chance to sit down and showcase what I had been doing each week.  So this time round, I am going to set aside a time each week and dedicate myself to keeping everyone up to date. 

So lets start by showing what have been working on for January workshops.  I love the idea of spotlighting and have seen a couple of methods.  I also love masking off areas of workspace and inking up with colour.  So with that in mind I came up with these three cards.




I love this traditional way of spotlighting where you stamp in a solid colour and then pick a portion of the image to highlight with colour.  I used Archival Jet Black ink to stamp, then used distress inks and a finger dauber to colour so as to get a soft effect.  Very simple yet very effective.  I learned very quickly though that you need a stamp that is large enough otherwise it doesn't look natural enough.






I must admit I saw this version of spotlighting on one of my many scans of Pinterest!  Which then led me to YouTube!  I am sorry but I can not remember where I saw it and didn't think to pin it myself as I hadn't realised it was one that had been selected for me and not someone I follow :(  It uses a emboss resist technique to highlight sections of a stamped design.  I also made use of some freebie stamps by Indigo Blue which I got on card magazine. 


I also love masking and wanted to demonstrate to my ladies different ways of masking.  We usually use predesigned stencils when we mask, but I used masking tape!!  Well that's what it has been made for :)  I have also used a stencil to get the extra colours.   The butterfly is a Marianne Creatables die and has been cut three times in different colours.  as you layer the butterflies, don't be afraid to cut away what you don't need.  It adds a beautiful 3D effect!!
 
So now I am off to start planning the next project.  Please feel free to tell me off if you don't see a post for a while :)

Till next time
Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment