Looking for a Specific Topic

Thursday 19 April 2012

Playing with My Silhouette

For the last few days I have had this urge to learn how to make my own cutting files using the Silhouette Studio Software.  I can make basic shapes like squares, rectangles etc and this came in handy when I need 280 squares of card all cut to 4.5cm. But I wanted to do more.....  So I got the product key to upgrade to the Designer Edition, watched some videos and got to playing. 

....and this is my first attempt! (well actually its my second if you include the file I did for Easter which I can now improve up).  The file cuts a full sized card, with the front half featuring a floral lace mat.  There are also some layers and Birthday Sentiments.  I know this card looks quite plain compared to my usual work, but I did not want to mislead by putting lots of embellishments on it.

So once I got the pattern done, I forwarded to my mum and asked for her take on the card. As you can see she has added brads, extra flowers and made the tags a little longer.

If you like this file then pop over to the Happy Crafter where it will be available for free for a short time and then at a small fee.

Till next time.
Happy Crafting
Keeley

No comments:

Post a Comment