Looking for a Specific Topic

Sunday 20 November 2011

Recycling!

Today we went to the Craft Markets held at the Cairns Show Grounds which helps to raise funds for Leukeamia.  For a gold coin donation, you get to enter the Pavillion and check out all the wonderful crafty people and their wares.  We got a number of things this year and I got a friend a beautiful piece of jewellery that had been made with a drink can.   The lady on the stall was quick to point out how easy they were to make so one I got home I gave it a go.

Her Idea was to make large flowers and turn them into pendants to hang around your neck.  As I didn't have a large enough punch but was desperate to give it a go, I made some small flowers using a Sunkist Drink can.  The vibrant Oranges and Blues give an interesting look and each flower is different.  I ended up with Three and decided they'd make a unique card.

I cut a card measure 12.5cm x 16cm once folded and used some Chipped Sapphire Distress ink to soften the edges.  The background paper was from Craftsuprint and is called Sepia Salt Spatter.  I also added some Vintage photo and a touch of the Chipped Sapphire Distress inks to the edge of the patterned paper to blend.  I used one of the Kaisercraft Florishes and then added my little flowers. The tag was made using a Zip'e cut name plate die cut.  This was cut using white card and then had Vintage Photo Distress ink and water applied. 

I am sure I am going to make make lots more cards using the drink cans.  You can use your punches or die cuts and don't be concerned aout cutting the tin.  This will actually shapen you punches.
The Possibilities are endless.
Happy Crafting
Keeley


No comments:

Post a Comment