Looking for a Specific Topic

Monday 7 November 2011

Lots of lovely new goodies

Years ago, I brought myself a Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink pad - mainly because I liked the colour but also, I liked the look of the picture on the package.  I got the ink pad home and started to read the instructions on the back. I commenced to scrunch my bit of paper and then wipe the ink pad across before ironing flat.  It looked nothing like the picture and decided I didn't like it so it sat in the drawer.

Last month, the inkpad popped out from where it had been hidding and I was intrigued. These days I am a little more internet savvy and started searching "youtube". If only I read those instructions properly all those years ago - I would have realised I needed to add water to make it work!!!!  I then fell in love with the technique and watched all sorts of videos to see what else I could do.   I then preceeded to stock the shop with all these love items and more will come! 

And here are a couple of cards!


I've had a lot of fun creating interesting backgrounds and love the fact that no two cards will ever be the same.  For this card, I used Dusty Concord, Wild Honey & Fired Brick and using the blending tool by Ranger, I have gently added colours randomly to the card.  For the water, I used Perfect Pearls Mist - Sunflower sparkle which has a beautiful gold shimmer.  I then used the Walnut Stain to stamp the butterfly and flowers.    The sentiment tag uses a resist technique and Wild Honey inkpad.  On the butterfly I have used Rock Candy Crackle paint.  Now it is just trying to get the video camera to work so I can show you how I made this card.

The Fired Brick and Peeled Paint Distress inks make great Christmas backgrounds and using the Perfect Pearls Mist, you add that extra sparkle. I just love the resist technique for stamping.

This gorgeous digital stamp was from the
craftuprint website.  Click here to see stamp!

Well that's all for now.  
Happy Crafting.
Keeley 

No comments:

Post a Comment