Looking for a Specific Topic

Monday 16 January 2012

My New Toy!

I love Electronic Cutting Machines.  I had a Craft Robo a couple of years ago which I got second hand to see if I liked it and would use it.  I did like and I did use it, so I upgraded to a Pazzles.  I hated it!  It wouldn't cut properly, it wrecked my projects, the mats were to sticky and it didn't get used.  I'm not sure if this was because its previous owner hadn't cared for it or if it was just a Friday job as others I know who have one love it.   I got rid of it about 6mths ago and this month, after much deliberation, I got myself the Silhouette Cameo.

And I've fallen in love with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It cuts perfectly everytime.  So I dug out some of my old files that were for the Craft Robo and thus in GSD format and discovered to my delight that they cut.   If you like the lattice pattern in this card, the pattern can be bought from craftsuprint.  Click here for direct link.  The card was then decorated with Green Tara flowers and the green swirls is the Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish die that has been segmented into bits.



This design was also off craftsuprint and I was amazed at how well the machine cut the delicate work of this pattern.  I then used the Forever Friends Black & Gold collection of Character stamps to embellish the design.  The sentiments came from the same collection but called Phrases.  For this swirl pattern Click here for the direct link.


Then I really decided to test the machine and found this super delicate design.  I was so pleased when it cut perfectly first time.  Of all the electronic Cutting Machines, the Silhouette Cameo would have to be the one I recommend.

Well I'm off to cut some more wonderful cards!
Till next time,
Happy Crafting.
Keeley

No comments:

Post a Comment